roku.com/link, my.roku.com/link, www.roku.com/link, roku com link, my roku com link, my roku com link setup, roku com link code
How to activate or link your Roku device?
To activate your Roku streaming device or Roku TV you need to first link the device or the TV to a Roku account. The Roku account can be created in roku.com/link or call us for help.
Your Roku account has information on your Roku devices owned by you it also shows all the channel installed with Preferences and Settings. It’s important to create the account with a valid email address this email addressed is the way by which Roku would communicate with regarding important account notifications.Also ensure that when you create the account you choose a strong, secure password. For guidelines, refer to the U.S. Homeland Security article, Choosing and Protecting Passwords.
Notes: There is NEVER a charge to create a Roku account or to activate a Roku account. You should be able to do it yourself. However in certain cases, if the device user doesn’t know how to create an account there are third party companies who can assist you with a fee.
Activating your Roku device in Roku.com/link
- The Quick Start Guide which comes with your device should be able to help you. If you still face challenges feel free to call us or chat with us.
- For additional help on how to setup your Roku device, visit the Setup and Troubleshooting section of the Roku site.
- The on-screen instructions will help you connect your Roku device to the internet.
- After it gets connected, your Roku device will download the new software.
- Your Roku device will then display a link code; e.g. “ABC12G”.
- Make a note of this link code and go to the website roku.com/link on your computer or mobile device.
- Note: When entering roku.com/link into your web browser.
- On the website, enter the link code and click Submit.
- If you see an error or get stuck on a specific step, learn how to resolve issues activating your Roku streaming device.
- Important: You must complete ALL of the steps on the website before going back to your Roku device otherwise your Roku device will not be activated.
- The instructions on the website help you to create a Roku account or log in to an existing Roku account.
- When creating a new Roku account, you will be required to provide a payment method. The payment method allows you to purchase subscriptions to popular channels, rent or buy movies and TV shows, or make other purchases from the Roku Channel Store. Adding a payment method does not result in any charges to your account. You will only be charged after going through the additional steps required to make a purchase; e.g. when signing-up for a subscription, renting or buying a movie or TV show, or adding a channel from the Roku Channel Store.
- Most major credit cards and PayPal have accepted payment methods. Get more help if you are having trouble adding a payment method.
- If you wish to prevent unauthorized purchases, learn how to create a PIN for your Roku account.
- Once you have completed the activation process your Roku device will be ready to use.
Note: For step by step understanding on how to link your Roku device, review the activation steps.
During the activation process, you will be required to go to the website Roku com link on your computer or smartphone and enter the link code displayed on your Roku device, e.g., “XD12G”. This article helps you troubleshoot any issues you might experience during the linking process.
I get an error when entering the link code on the website roku.com/link
If you see an error when you enter the link code, try entering the code a second time.It is possible that you had typing error or some other issue like a temporary network or system error.
If this does not resolve the issue:
- Go back to your Roku device, press the start button * on your Roku remote and then select Get a new code.
- Once the new link code is displayed, return to Roku com link and enter the new code.
I entered the link code, but my Roku device is stuck on the link code screen
It is possible sometimes it takes a while to complete the activation process, so please wait a few minutes. If the Roku device continues to show the screen with the link code, try these steps:
- Make sure you have completed all the steps on the website in order to activate your Roku device.Important: You must complete ALL of the steps on the website before going back to your Roku device. Otherwise, your Roku device will not be activated.
- If you see “Error 001” and the message “not connected” in the upper right corner of the TV screen, it means that your Roku device is not connected to a network.
- Select Try Again
- If that does not work, read about what to do if you cannot connect to your home network or the internet.
Note: It is possible that after following all the above steps you are still facing challenges. If this is the case call out 1-855-804-1313 for help or chat with us.
Enjoy watching your favorite channels.