Fix Roku App Wi-Fi Connection Issues
What is a Roku app
Roku Mobile Application lets you take control over the Roku Streaming Player or the Roku Television using your phone. The Roku Mobile Application can be downloaded on both ANDROID and APPLE devices.
- The Roku mobile application is compatible with all the Apple devices which runs iOS version 6.0 and later.
- You can access the official Apple App Store using your Apple device (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad).
- Download the Roku Mobile Application and install it.
- The Roku Mobile application is also compatible with all Android devices which runs Android Version 4.0.1 or later.
- You can visit the official Android Play Store using the Android device.
- Download and Install to setup Roku Mobile Application.
Roku App Wi-Fi Connection Issues
- Launch the Mobile application, you will first encounter the Device Discovery Screen.
- Select your Roku device and pair it with your phone.
- If you are not facing any issue, in connecting your phone and the device, then the Mobile app is good to go.
- The Roku device is not appearing on the Device Discovery Screen, then you have Wi-Fi connection issue and it may be because of the following reasons:
- If the Mobile device and your Roku device are not connected to the same network.
- The Roku device which uses a Public IP address.
- The Network, if connected through a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
How To Fix Roku App Wi-Fi Connection Issues
NOTE: The Troubleshooting steps are the same for both Android and iOS devices.
Same Network issue:
- Make sure the Roku com link device and your mobile are connected to the same network.
- Enter the correct User-name and password (type carefully, it is case sensitive)
Public IP Address issue:
- Using your Roku device, visit the Settings option.
- Then choose the Network tab and click ‘About’ on your Roku device.
- Make sure the Roku device uses a private IP address.
- The Private IP should fall within the following ranges:
Virtual Private Network issue:
- A Virtual Private Network (VPN) can also be responsible for a connection issue.
- Usually, VPN applications tend to route the traffic through the virtual network.
- Make sure your phone is not connected to any VPN applications.
- Finally, close the Roku Mobile application,
- iOS : Double click the home button and swipe left to close the application.
- Android: Click on the Recent button and close the application.
- Re-launch the app. and have a great experience with the Roku streaming services and anytime you can log in to your account using the following link, roku com link sign in, to have a check on all your preferences