If your player is having trouble streaming then it might probably display a roku error code 003. Playback issues on the Roku are uncommon but at times you might fail playing videos from a channel. Another problem is frequent buffering. Alternatively, the video quality seems extremely poor or starts rather slowly.
- If your internet connection falters, the Roku device will not be able to play any of the channels. To check whether your internet connectivity is indeed working do the following:
- From the HOME -> scroll to SETTINGS and then select -> NETWORK
- On this screen, check the SIGNAL STRENGTH field in particular; it should display EXCELLENT
- This way you are assured that your internet connection is optimal and functioning well
Restarting the player hardware
- One of the most universal remedies any hardware can get is a reboot
- Reach out to the SYSTEM tab to accomplish a restart
- Click on the SYSTEM RESTART option to begin the reboot process
- If you have a Roku TV or even an external Roku device, issues would be fixed immediately
- Even then, you have to wait for the system to come back on again
Troubleshooting specific issues
- When you are not able to play a particular video, try playing other videos embedded in the same channel. If the other videos seem to be playing well, then the channel is probably having an outage or a service interruption.
- In the event where you are not able to play any videos at all from the said channel, choose another channel to play from. This is only to ensure that your Roku device is working appropriately. You may have to follow all the instructions present on the screen to perform a sign in once again. If the videos are still not playable, then you may want to check with Roku’s support team for a resolution.
- At other times, you may want to check with your ISP or internet service provider if they are experiencing any signal or broadcast issues.
Other Roku error codes and fixes
- Mainly occurs during activation
- To resolve press HOME x 5 -> FF x 3 -> REWIND
- Update the latest software and click OK
- For the latest software update, connect the Roku device to the internet
Roku Error Code 003
- Happens when the current version of the software is not updated on the device or if the network is lost or the server is not locatable
- For a solution press HOME X 5 -> FF X 3 -> REWIND X 2 -> OK
- When the device does not connect to the internet, you will see an error code 009. At this time, unplug the network connection, and reset your device to resolve the issue.
- When you see this error, first disconnect the power and wait for some time. If the issue does not seem to abate, then choose NETWORK to setup the device once again. Add the password against the relevant username and see if the device works.